Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Being an AGT mentalist, is it worth it?

Should I man up and become the next AGT mentalist!?…


Do I become an AGT mentalist or is that selling out?For years I have been working as a corporate mentalist and with the great recession of 2010, my corporate work has been impacted severely! I have been finding other outlets such as colleges and even pub shows to get noticed. The hardest part of my job is getting clients to take a chance. Once they meet me and see what I can do, they jump on it though. That is when I started thinking about going on Americas Got Talent and try out as an AGT mentalist. The recent rash of decent performers makes me wonder if this market is good for magic and mentalists or if it hurts us. My two friend the Spellbinder and Dan Sperry both have said AGT is jaded against AGT mentalist and magicians because they can not sell these types of entertainments after the show airs. Musicians will need to use the as seen on AGT moniker to sell cd’s but magic does not.


But now as time is going by and I see my favorite DJ on there, Howard Stern, I realize I might get more exposure and though I probably wont win, all exposure is good exposure! I think I will start working on some effects for next season. What would you like to see an AGT mentalist perform?



Being an AGT mentalist, is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment